Thursday, May 7, 2015

Trade

Dollar surged vs. Euro overnight after being a bit oversold.  Since I think NFP will be softer than expectations, its hard to see losing money by being long EUR/USD here, so I placed a low-leverage EUR/USD long. Placed a long EUR/GBP as well.

I am anticipating, then, weak NFP and alot of confusion surrounding UK elections.  I hope at least one of those is correct, lol.

Basically long the Euro vs. $ and pound, medium leverage total.
Long June '15 6E @ 1.1266, low leverage
Long June '15 RP @ 73.90 low leverage

Update:
Dozens of polls over weeks and even today and yesterday in the UK election seem to have been off, and looks like the Tories will be able to govern.  I closed my position after watching a few seats that should have been Labor going to Tories, so it seemed to confirm the exit poll, which was sharply different than opinion polling the last few days and weeks.

Update:
Closed EUR/USD at 1.1269.  I was wrong about NFP but EUR/USD spiked anyways on the news, which gave me the opportunity to close an inch higher.  I'll watch the price action today and may or may not make another move.

Loss of 11% on the week, the EUR/GBP trade killed all my gains and then some.  Don't trust British pollsters!

1 comment:

  1. HDFC Life lists Rs 311 at 7% premium over issue price on BSE.
    IT stocks fall 1% tracking rupee strength against US dollar. Insy, Tech Mahindra, TCS, KPIT Tech, HCL Tech (-1%).Share Tips

    ReplyDelete